- This event has passed.
Opening Lecture – 14th Brunel International Lecture Series
29 September, 2022 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm BST
ICE, together with ICSI, invite you to the opening lecture of our 14th Brunel International Lecture series..
Building on previous series, resilience and sustainability in infrastructure development will remain the main theme of the 2022-24 programme.
The individual lectures will focus:
- Engineering solutions and;
- Best practice examples specific to each region
The opening lecture in London will provide a global perspective, with a special focus on resilient cities, and the importance of climate equity and support for cities in emerging economies.
We will hear from a keynote speaker, and a discussion featuring three panellists, moderated by ICE President Ed McCann. The expert line-up includes:
- Dr Joshua Macabuag, Disaster Risk Engineering Consultant, World Bank
- Abhilash Panda, Head of Infrastructure Resilience & De-risking investment, United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Emma Howard Boyd, Co-Chair of the Coalition for Climate Resilient investment, and Chair of the Green Finance Institute;
- Dr Mark Pelling, Professor of Risk and Disaster Reduction at UCL and;
- Dr Vicky Hutchinson, Practice Director, Environment for UK & Europe at Atkins Global.
- Savina Carluccio, Executive Director, International Coalition for Sustainable Infrastructure (ICSI)