We are excited to be heading to Dubai for COP28 to take part in a number of events over the conference period. We are once again involved with the Resilience Hub, where we are co-leading on the theme of Disaster Risk Management and Humanitarian Action, as well as contributing to other activities in the Hub and beyond.
See our COP28 activites below:
- 3 Dec, 13:30-14:30 GTS, Resilience Hub, Blue Zone: Engineering Action: Influencing the future of the built & natural environment, Recognising that engineers are critical to building just, resilient, inclusive & sustainable infrastructure, this session will explore how to implement the UNDRR Principles for Resilient Infrastructure and showcase tangible examples of engineering-led transformative action, including practical capacity building of early-career engineers.
- 3 Dec, 14:00-15:00 GTS, Blue Zone: Enabling Private Finance for Adaptation – Implementation Lab, Resilience First, in collaboration with Resilience Rising and The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, will explore practical actions to drive progress on the Sharm El-Sheik Adaptation Agenda, including nature-based solutions. This roundtable discussion, which ICSI will participate in, is part of the official COP28 programme and will be livestreamed for virtual audiences.
- 4 Dec, 12:00-13:30 GTS, RCREEE Pavilion, Blue Zone: Ensuring Resilience in Renewable Energy Infrastructure, Join KPMG International and ICSI for a comprehensive dialogue on the significance of resilience in renewable energy infrastructure and systems. Experts will explore financing, investment, and technical challenges, as well as innovations at both the asset and system-wide infrastructure levels.
- 5 Dec, 15:00-16:30 GTS, SE Room 3, Blue Zone: Systems thinking for holistic climate action: nature-driven engineering, policy and finance solutions – Co-hosted by WFEO and the Engineering Leadership Group (ELG), this session will foster transdisciplinary and systems thinking for inclusive, effective, nature-positive infrastructure and climate solutions in the context of the global stocktake by mobilising youth, finance and policy. Livestream the session here.
- 8 Dec, 15:00-16:00, Resilience Hub, Blue Zone: From Reaction to Socio-Ecological Resilience: Advancing Disaster Risk Reduction and Ecosystem Restoration Nexus for Climate Adaptation – Co-hosted by ICSI and the United Nations University, this session will explore what socio-ecological resilience means to different stakeholders in the context of disaster risk reduction. It will take a holistic approach to the concept of socio-ecological resilience by showcasing solutions across different contexts, scales and sectors.
Our staff and partners will also be representing ICSI in panels and discussions in both the Blue and Green Zones. If you are interested in attending any of the above, please come along or reach out to us today for any questions. All Resilience Hub events will be live-streamed for global audiences – registrations are now open.