Christine Williams, Chair, shares an update with us from the ICSI Board.
The founding partners of ICSI met for a two-part Board meeting on February 10th and 25th to consider current and future plans. Discussions focused on the strategic future of ICSI, reviewing actions and priorities for 2021 and setting out a five-year strategic vision for the Coalition.
Recent ICSI highlights include:
- ICSI’s Action Tracks are delivering! Stay tuned for the soon to be released White Paper on Green Recovery and Finance for Sustainable Infrastructure.
- Save the date for the 2021 ICSI Coalition Summit scheduled for October 18-19 2021.
- Look for ICSI participation in ICSI in the 2021 Triennial, hosted by the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, ASCE’s International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure, the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26), and the United Nations Biodiversity Conference (COP15).
- ASCE’s release of the 2021 Infrastructure Report Card with numerous panels on specific infrastructure areas and a closing keynote with US Department of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg
- Coalition Board member and The Resilience Shift Executive Director, Seth Schultz, as the lecturer for this year’s ICE International Brunel Lecture Series–The thirteenth edition of the Brunel International Lecture Series, entitled ’21st Century Leadership is Partnership: How a Coalition of the World’s Engineers can Change the World’, examines the challenges facing civil engineers and what is needed to deliver a carbon neutral, resilient society
- We look forward to sharing more details on our vision for the future soon!
ICSI Board Chair
Executive Vice President, ASCE Foundation